5 Ingredients - Paleo "Reese" Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place almond butter, coconut oil and honey in a glass bowl, then microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in shredded coconut and mix thoroughly. (optional)
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into 12 mini muffin tins in a thin layer.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate on top of each, then place in freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- I used silicone muffin pans this time, but next time I would use a metal pan with a muffin liner. Using the liner would give the "Reese" cup its traditional crinkles around the edges.
- I let my chocolate cool down too much and had difficulty spreading it. In the future, I might forgo the muffin tin shape and choose to freeze the almond/coconut middle and then dip in chocolate to coat.
But really though, no matter what these 5 Ingredient Paleo "Reese" Cups end up looking like... they taste great and are healthy(ish) too!