A Mother's Day Pause & a Jergens Giveaway
This Mother's Day weekend was a blast! Why you ask?? Let me count the ways!
1. Friday morning began with a very special Kindergarten get-together! (WAH-- my youngest is almost in full day school!) The kids recited a poem to us Moms and gave each of us a very special handmade bracelet. While most little boys might slap together a bracelet without much thought, my sweet little Xman had a story for each and every bead that he chose. #BeStillMyHeart #CueTears
2. Saturday morning began with an awesome feed of 'Eggs Bennie'. Okay, yes... I eat paleo. But what's Eggs Bennie without the english muffin??
3. Despite there being a FULL forecast of rain, we managed to muddle out a weekend of gorgeous sun and only a few flakes of snow. (Yes, we still get snow. Sigh.)
4. Beebo drew a lovely picture of me as "Superhero Mom" ! I mean, sheesh-- a Superhero?? While I may not be a Superhero in the true sense, I do like where her teacher was going with that idea, lol! Beebo also wrote some lovely words about me as well. My favourite line: "She can edit books so they are really good." PROOF that my kids do pay attention to what Mommy does for a living. I do EXIST! ;)
5. For the first time in YEARS, my Mother and I were together on Mother's Day. For those of you that do not know, my Mother moved out to Alberta from Ontario in February. Not only was it nice to spend the day with her, but thanks to Jergens... we were treated with tickets to the 'Stars on Ice' show in Calgary. #Priceless
6. Watching Canadian Olympians have some fun and show off their stuff! This years 'Stars on Ice' cast was full of 2014 Sochi medalists including: Patrick Chan, Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir, Kaetlyn Osmond, Joannie Rochette and legendary, Kurt Browning. The show was energy filled and might have even caused a tear or two. I'm such a sap!
7. A wonderful lunch at the Olde Spaghetti Factory in downtown Calgary. #NuffSaid (Look for the upcoming blog post!)
8. This one should be... the kids acted delightful all weekend and were complete little angels. But I'd be lying--- man, were they annoying yesterday! Can we say, "No reason gigglefest" ?? BUT I LOVE THEM ANYWAYS!
9. A lovely Sunday evening out by the firepit. Evenings like this should be mandatory.
10. Living life with the 'Love of My Life', DaddyO. Without him, our family would not be complete.
A Special Treat for YOU!
Jergens Canada, one of the major sponsors for the 'Stars on Ice' show, has delightfully offered up a basket of goodies to make you feel pampered too!
This gift basket includes: A bottle of Jergens Ultra Care Lotion, a variety of Jergens BB Creams, as well as a selection of Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizers (in both light and deep skin tones).
This giveaway is open to all residents of Canada, over the age of 18.
Ends Friday, May 30th at midnight MST.
*A special thanks to my friend Bo, for the use of a few photos.*