Easy Nut Brittle #HolidayTreats
A few weeks ago, I went to a baking exchange and someone made Peanut Brittle. It didn't last long and I may have eaten it all before my family even knew of its existence. *Whistling* I've never tried making Peanut Brittle before, so I went searching for a recipe that was EASY and tasty. This recipe turns out every single time (I've been whipping up batches for Teachers gifts!) and I simply throw in whichever nuts I have on hand.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com -
Microwave Nut Brittle
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup salted peanuts (or other nut)
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Butter a cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper.)
- Combine sugar & corn syrup in a glass dish. Microwave on High for 4 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and microwave on High for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in butter & vanilla and microwave on High for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda until the mixture is light and foamy.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet and spread thin. (Be quick- it cools fast!)
- Cool completely and break into pieces and serve!
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as we do!