Summer Kick-Off : Cool Treats from Minute Maid
This summer, Minute Maid and the Canadian Living test kitchen are helping Canadian families enjoy deliciously cool summer tastes! With 16 flavours of punches and juices available, the flavour options/combinations are endless!
Test drive these fun and yummy recipes!
Berry Swirl Pops
· 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Berry Punch frozen concentrate
· 1 cup Frozen mixed berries
· 1/2 cup Water
· 2 cups Vanilla yogurt (We used Greek yogurt!)
· In blender, purée together berry punch frozen concentrate, mixed berries and water until smooth.
· Pour into each ice-pop mould, starting with berry mixture, alternately spoon in berry mixture and yogurt, making 3 layers of berry mixture and 2 layers of yogurt.
· Using tip of knife or skewer, make 1 or 2 swirls. Insert stick into centre.
· Freeze until solid.
SUMMER FUN TIP: Don’t have ice-pop moulds? No worries. Just use 5-oz (148 mL) disposable paper cups and wooden ice-pop sticks to make these tasty summertime treats.
If popsicles aren't your fancy, how about some punch for a backyard party or host the most awesome Lemonade stand on the block!
Sparkling Grape Lemonade
· 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Grape Punch frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
· 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
· 3 cups Sprite® Sparkling Beverage
· 2 cups Water
· Ice cubes or ice ring
Directions: In punch bowl or large pitcher, stir together grape punch and lemonade frozen concentrates, Sprite® and water; mix well. Fill with ice cubes or add ice ring to keep cold.
SUMMER FUN TIP: Jazz up your lemonade and use frozen grapes as ice cubes.
Entertaining this summer can be easy and tasty! With Minute Maid juices & punches to help you along, the sky is the limit!
*Peek Thru Our Window received some coupons to give these summer treats a whirl! As always, the opinions expressed are our own. Enjoy!*