Alberta Beef in the Crock Pot
At the moment I have a freezer full of local, grassfed, organic Alberta beef (1/4 to be exact). That means I've been hitting the Crock Pot a little hard these days. This is one of my all-time favourite recipes geared towards the cheaper cuts.
Creamy Swiss Steak
~In a slow cooker.
~Makes 6 servings.
1 1/2lb , 3/4-inch thick round steak
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp salt ( I used an herbed garlic sea salt. )
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium carrot, chopped ( I used baby carrots.)
2 celery ribs, chopped
1. Cut steak into serving size pieces.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour.
3. Place sliced onions in bottom of slow cooker. Add meat.
4. Spread cream of mushroom soup over meat. Top with carrots and celery.
5. Cover and cook on Low 8-10hrs, or High 3-5hrs.
(I'd like to say there is someone to credit for this recipe, but there isn't.)